All competitors must agree to the arrangements made by World Pairs in respect of the selection of waters, pegging of swims and the draws. Respect must be given to the stewards in attendance and everyone must follow the competition rules. Failure to do so will lead to disqualification.
• Competitors must play and land their own fish without assistance; any assisted fish cannot be weighed. Anglers who require assistance, due to disability or illness, must contact the match referee prior to the draw.
• Fishing will commence at the given signal and prior to this no angler shall disturb the water in his or any other swim other than to wet ground bait, clear weed, plumb and position keep nets. No bait is to be introduced. Plumbing should involve only simple weights or plummets. The duration of the match is five hours each day.
• Keep nets must be a minimum of six feet long with rings of a minimum diameter of 15 inches. More than one net may be used. Rocks or other similar items must not be placed inside weigh nets. All live fish are eligible for weighing except Salmon, Eels, Trout and Pike. All fish will be returned live to the water.
• The fishing areas shall normally be defined by point’s mid-way between the competitor’s peg and those of his upstream and downstream neighbours. In running water the swim boundary shall be from the competitors peg to the next peg downstream. An angler can wade other than for the purposes of positioning his keep net (s) provided he keeps to 50cm from the rear legs of his seat box or platform (any exceptions to this rule will be highlighted on the Opening Night). If a competitor is in doubt over the location of his fishing he should seek advice from the Steward present. Any objections to other anglers in relation to this rule must be raised at the start of the match.
• Fishing shall cease on the signal terminating the competition. If an angler is playing a fish at this time he has 15 minutes to land.
• The Stewards will supervise the weighing-in of the catch to the nearest sub-division on the scales provided. Anglers will be asked to contribute to the weighing process for other competitors and to sign agreement of their own weight. No competitor shall leave his peg after the end of the match until his catch has been weighed in or he has declared to the Steward that he does not wish to weigh-in. Once you have signed to agree the weight of your catch there will be no further weighing without exception. During the competition if circumstances require it a Steward shall have the authority to weigh-in fish caught by a competitor and return these to the water after recording the weight to the benefit of the competitor. Such fish shall be returned within the swim of the competitor concerned, unless the Referee agrees to their transfer elsewhere provided it is not in the swim of any other competitor.
• The organisers shall appoint Stewards and other necessary officials. The appointed Competition Referee, will have the final decision on any dispute arising within the competition. Their decision is final. Any competitor who has a grievance with another angler must report this to the referee within 2 hours of the end of the match in writing.
• All competing anglers are responsible for the tidiness of their peg and the bankside. Failure to keep the area free of litter will result in the angler not being allowed to weigh-in.
• Spodding is not permitted. Bloodworm & Joker is not allowed.
• The use of artificial hook baits is not permitted i.e. plastic or rubber imitation baits or baits made from any synthetic material.
• All anglers must adhere to the bio-security conditions for this match.
• Anglers must fish in their designated Pairs - No substitution of competitor’s names is allowed without prior permission.
• Anglers must adhere to their A or B positions as drawn.
• A DAERA combined license and permit is required for this competition. This must be presented at the Fermanagh Draw.
This competition is open restricted to those aged 18 years and over.
These rules are subject to amendment at the discretion of the World Pairs organisers. Entry with non-refundable pre-paid deposit only. Competitors agree to allow the use of images taken at the event by the organisers, sponsors & partners.